Communications and Equity Manager with The Safe Routes Partnership
The Safe Routes Partnership is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional with strong experience in communications, marketing, project management, and a commitment to advancing equity. We welcome applicants with a passion for advancing safe walking and bicycling to school and in daily life to increase physical activity levels and create livable, equitable, sustainable communities.
Applications due: November 5, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. ET
Click here for the full job description
The Communications and Equity Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the communications and marketing objectives of the Safe Routes Partnership while also serving as co-lead for the organization’s commitment to advancing equity and racial justice. This position executes all online marketing tools including websites, e-newsletters, and social media and assists with creating, editing, and designing publications and resources. Responsibilities also include implementing online messaging best practices, assisting with all types of external communications, and meeting strategic objectives related to program-specific communications and marketing deliverables. In serving as the co-lead for advancing equity, the Communications and Equity Manager leads with one other staff member and in collaboration with the senior staff team to build on organizational plans and manage progress towards advancing equity and moving forward as an anti-racist organization.
We are particularly looking for individuals that have the experience and skills to be successful in the following:
- In collaboration with the senior leadership team, contribute to the annual development of objectives and tasks related to advancing equity both internally and externally with a specific focus on racial justice strategies that support the mission of the organization.
- Teaming with the equity co-lead, provide project management for organizational objectives and tasks related to advancing equity and racial justice both internally and externally.
- Write, format, and distribute the monthly Safe Routes to School E-news and regular program engagement emails as well as online messaging such as action alerts, blog posts, and other external print materials such as newsletters, white papers, annual reports, and other key publications.
- Lead the design of publications, resources, and social elements according to brand standards both internally and in coordination with vendors for larger efforts.
- Serve as the site administrator for all Safe Routes Partnership websites and online assets.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, assist in the development and implementation of internal and external strategic communication plans; manage organizational adherence to branding standards and style guides.
Please review the job description for more details about the position responsibilities and qualifications. The salary for this at-will position is $55,000 and will include health insurance benefits, paid time off, and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan. A PC computer, telephone, and internet access will be provided. Successful candidates will work from their home office, and can be based anywhere in the United States.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit (via email) a cover letter, resume and three writing samples in one PDF file to email@example.com. Ensure that the subject line of your email includes the text “Communications and Equity Manager.” We are not accepting email or telephone call inquiries.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged with an email reply. Applications will be accepted until November 5, 2020 at 5 pm ET. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply early.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining our dynamic, visionary, and growing national non-profit. Visit www.saferoutespartnership.org for more information about our organization.
The Safe Routes Partnership is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our staff, our work environment, and the change we want to see in our society. We value a diverse staff with a wide range of life experiences because we recognize that we are stronger when our organization and work benefit from the innovative contributions, creative solutions, practical know-how, and community insights brought by people of different backgrounds. Diversity of experience, ideas, and viewpoints is a priority, and candidates with varied education levels, skills, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of different religions, nationalities, genders, and sexual orientations are strongly encouraged to apply.