Prevention is a systematic process that promotes health, safety, and wellbeing and reduces the frequency and/or severity of illness and injury. Our prevention approach emphasizes:
- Transforming community environments to prevent problems from occurring before the onset of symptoms or risk of injury;
- Elevating equity in health, safety, and wellbeing outcomes; and
- Prioritizing communities that are most vulnerable to harm and communities that are experiencing the greatest harm.
- Since 1997, we have been focused on reducing preventable illnesses and injuries, increasing the length of time that people are healthy (their health span), and closing health gaps that exist across race, socioeconomic status, and gender.
Prevention Institute is seeking a part-time Office Assistant. The Office Assistant will be responsible for supporting office and building maintenance duties. The individual will perform various physical tasks, ensure facilities are clean, move and transfer supplies and boxes, support event set-up and clean-up, maintain electronic and paper files, and perform other general office and building maintenance duties and errands. Other duties will include assisting the Finance/ Administrative Team with preparing documents, organizing files, managing existing documents, and generally keeping the office organized, clean, and running smoothly.
Office Assistant Responsibilities:
- Support office/building upkeep including managing office supply inventory, tidying meeting areas, trash removal, watering plants, assigning kitchen duty, etc.
- Maintain office space and common areas to ensure they are operational, clean and safe
- Receive deliveries of office supplies and transfer them to storage room or other spaces as directed
- Perform receptionist duties and route incoming phone calls, emails and all other communication to appropriate staff
- Arrange schedules and set up meeting spaces and conference rooms
- Respond to requests for information by conducting simple internet searches
- Oversee mail deliveries and distribution
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office, grocery store, etc.
- Assist with preparation for events, conferences, consultations, and presentations, including logistical support and room set-up
- Other duties, as assigned
- Ability to perform physical demands: sitting, standing, climbing stairs, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. multiple times per week, unpack boxes and place on shelves of various heights up to 6 feet
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication
- Foundation or a willingness to develop administrative and office skills
- Well-organized, attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adjust work plan due to shifting priorities
- Initiative to seek additional assignments when needed and work independently
- Capacity to take on, prioritize, and track a multitude of tasks
- Some previous work experience preferred, but not required
- Car preferred, but not required
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
At Prevention Institute, equity is at the forefront of our guiding principles. We prioritize embodying our mission by building a culturally diverse staff that reflects the communities we serve. To support an inclusive environment that centers those communities, we strongly encourage applicants of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, people with disabilities and all others who share in our vision to achieve a diverse and inclusive community to apply.